Monday, November 06, 2006

Running Amuck

I had such a good weekend.

Friday, after work, I met Robert and Margot for drinks at Halo. I had 2 sidecars, which, in retrospect, was not a good idea. Margot left to meet friends, and Robert and I had dinner at Luna Cafe. I had a glass of wine with dinner, which, in retrospect, was not a good idea.

I don't really remember how I got home. I have a vague recollection of taking the metro. And, I have a vague recollection of resisting the urge to call the Cheating Cheater. It seems like every time I'm drunk and passing his metro stop I want to call him. At least I didn't do it. Yay me.

Saturday, I was very over hung. I did lots of blobbing around the house. Around 2PM, I decided that I really needed to motivate and try to do something... So, I walked up to beautiful downtown Silver Spring, where I:

1) Bought a new pair of shoes at DSW
2) Bought a book at Borders, using my Borders Rewards certificates (so actually Borders paid me $0.30 for the book. HA!)
3) Ate eggplant fries (mmm. grease.) and drank a class of cabernet at Adega
4) Bought potting soil and little pots for a gardening/Christmas present project
5) Bought a bag of salad greens at Whole Foods
6) Ran into Margot.

Once I got home, I began the little gardening/Christmas present project. Then, I fixed a simple couscous salad for dinner and watched Capote on DVD. What a great movie! So good. Apparently another movie with almost the exact same story (and Sandra Bullock as Harper Lee) opened recently.

I also knitted.

And read my book. It's very good ... so far. My cousin recommended it to me several months ago.

Sunday, I blobbed around the house some more. I finished one knitting project (mostly. I still have to sew it together. I'll do that tonight). I think my TV is about to die. That makes me sad.

I left the house around 2:30 to meet Mike and Tomoko. We went to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D. What fun! I love that movie and seeing on the big screen was a great experience. We, then, had dinner at Bangkok Bistro in Georgetown. Drunken noodle. Yum. I haven't been to Georgetown in AGES. I felt so hetero there.

Tomoko caught the bus back to the burbs and Mike and I headed for our bus stop. However, the bus never came. We ended up walking to Dupont Circle. And then to Halo. Where I had two apple martinis (one of them was a caramel apple martini). We had a good time.

I got home around 9:30. I called my friend Isa to see how Elon's homecoming was. I had a glass of wine to help me unwind. And I went to bed around 11:30.

Needless to say, I am very tired this morning.
And a little hungover to boot.

Hope you all had a fun weekend.
*many happy smooches*

And, don't forget, today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment by enjoying a delicious meat-free meal today!

PS. I'm planning on starting a new knitting project tonight: Mittens for Christmas. It will be the first time for me to use double-pointed needles. If anyone has any helpful hints, I will be most appreciative!!!

2 comments:

  1. More on dpns: I've found I prefer using five to using four. It makes the "ladders" between needles less severe. Also, decide early on whether you like your working needle in front or behind the others when you're knitting off of it. I prefer it in front, Shawn does it behind. Erm. That could totally be taken the wrong way.

    And, as always, "join, being careful not to twist." This is harder than it sounds. If you do twist, you can fix it in the first round, but after that, you're screwed, and have to frog it all and start over. Bah.

    There was something else I was going to say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DPN - patience. Once it gets going, really easily, IME. And as Chelsea, don't twist the join. Some folks knit the first row *without* joining to help with that.

    ReplyDelete