Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanking Thanker who Thanked Thankfully

[and, technically, I am *NOT* stealing this idea from the Most Desirable Man on the Blogosphere, because I was thinking of doing an "I'm Thankful" entry last night, before I read his this morning. So there!]

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, probably my second favorite after the GREATEST DAY OF THE YEAR, St. Patrick's Day. I like it for two main reasons:

1. It's all about cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends. And I love cooking and eating and food and drinking and family and friends.

2. There is none of that stupid gift-giving madness associated with it. Now, granted, I like to give gifts. And, god knows, I love to receive them. BUT, I hate the gift-giving obligation that accompanies some holidays (and, I'm looking at YOU, Christmas). Seriously, how many times has a friend given you a gift at Xmas and the first thing you thought of was "OMG. I didn't get him anything?" I'm sure that's not what our friends want us to be thinking.

I digress ...

Here are 10 things I am thankful for, in no particular order:

1. Family, Health, Job (even though I hate it, it pays the bills), Home, Psychokitty Isabella.

2. This blog. Because through it (and through my previous incarnation as enviroboi at diary-x), I've met and been able to correspond with some very cool people. So, I'm also thankful for Al Gore inventing the Internet. What a sweetie.

3. My friends. You guys (and gals) are the bestest ever. Seriously. I totally *heart* you.

4. Dirty Sapphire Martinis (except ones from Therapy).

5. Saturday Afternoon Margaritas.

6. Cheese.

7. Cute shoes.

8. Days filled with sunshine.

9. Knitting.

10. Hope, and that I still have it ...

6 comments:

  1. "the Most Desirable Man on the Blogosphere"

    hmph....and here I was thinking that was me!! lol :)

    anyway...

    I love the point you made about thanksgiving being without the gift giving obligation, it does set it apart (in a good way) from the others.

    love your thankful list, especially since two of them involve alcohol and of course "cute shoes"

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because of the same reasons you list.

    I hope yours is the best one ever, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I forgot to be thankful for Margaritas! It makes me seem so unappreciative.

    Happy Thanksgiving, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving from Fukuoka! You reminded me to thank my parents...I'll try to cook for them tomorrow...I'm still in a search for a cute Judo-boy...

    ReplyDelete