Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Martini Making Madness

GayProf, aka the Most Desirable Man on the Blogosphere, was unhappy with my response to his previous comment, so, now, I am devoting an entire entry on how I make a martini. You're welcome.

I only use Bombay Sapphire gin, which I store in the freezer. I keep my vermouth in the refridgerator. I tried keeping it in the freezer, too; however, I soon discovered an interesting fact: Vermouth freezes!

Who knew?

Prior to making a martini, I put the martini glass in the freezer as well.

I measure out approximately 3.5 oz of gin in this cool cocktail measuring glass that I have and add a splash or so (0.5 oz) of vermouth. Next, I dump in some ice cubes and let it chill for a bit.

While it's chillin', I take the martini glass out of the freezer. I place 2 or 3 olives in it and a one or two tablespoons of olive juice.

I give the gin and vermouth a quick couple of stirs and strain into the glass. I like to add a few bits of ice too.

And, there you have it. A VUBOQtini.

As for drinking them naked ... well ... I shouldn't say.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm. Gin in the freezer, glass in the freezer, vermouth in the fridge. The ice seems a bit like overkill, plus it dilutes the alcohol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always store Alcohol in the freezer as well. (It has something to do with being raging alcoholics or something)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now was that so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWO TABLESPOONS?!?! Damn. Just, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe. Gay Prof said "hard."

    ReplyDelete