Minor Disappointments on the Information Superhighway of Life
I bought a 4" Grilled Veggie Sub from Jerry's today for lunch.
About halfway through, it began to taste like crab.
Even when I ate meat, I never liked crab.
Crab is icky.
My sandwich was ruined.
I threw it out.
And ate my fries.
Mmm. Fries.
I am not having happy tummy now.
Also, one of my co-workers came in sick today. If I get her cold, I am going to be even not happier. I will take lots of vitamin C tonight in hopes of warding off her germiness.
Finally, last night, I dreamed (dreamt?) that I was taking not one, but TWO, pottery classes, one on Monday and the other on Thursday. I had forgotten I had also registered for the Thursday class and decided to start attending it as well. I was very excited about all that extra playtime with the clay. Of course, when I woke up, I realized I was not taking 2 pottery classes. *sigh*
About halfway through, it began to taste like crab.
Even when I ate meat, I never liked crab.
Crab is icky.
My sandwich was ruined.
I threw it out.
And ate my fries.
Mmm. Fries.
I am not having happy tummy now.
Also, one of my co-workers came in sick today. If I get her cold, I am going to be even not happier. I will take lots of vitamin C tonight in hopes of warding off her germiness.
Finally, last night, I dreamed (dreamt?) that I was taking not one, but TWO, pottery classes, one on Monday and the other on Thursday. I had forgotten I had also registered for the Thursday class and decided to start attending it as well. I was very excited about all that extra playtime with the clay. Of course, when I woke up, I realized I was not taking 2 pottery classes. *sigh*
Well I stayed home with my cold today. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteIt's so disappointing to dream nice, exciting things and wake up to find that they're not true. (For instance, in this afternoon's nap, I dreamed I said the word "shadle". I was so pleased with myself. In my dream, I kept saying it over and over, "Shadle. Shadle. What a lovely shadle!" I was so, so sad to wake up. (Um, and I think that "shadle" had something to do with lamp shades, but I'm not sure about that.)
ReplyDelete