Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend Update: Too Darn Hot Edition

Good Monday Morning, Kittens!

My weekend was chock full of fun and excitement.

Friday night, I stayed home and watched movies, namely a typically gay film, The Trip. It was all right, if a bit predictable.

Saturday, I got up and did some yard work. I trimmed the hedge. Then, I attacked this gigantic forsythia bush with the clippers. It now has a mohawk (because it's so tall, I couldn't reach the very top, even using a step stool). This Fall, I'm taking a chainsaw to that thing and cutting it down by half. Srsly. It's a menace to society. It was hot. I was sweaty.

I hate being sweaty.

So, I came inside and made a milkshake (scroll down two entries for photo).

That evening, I went to Y's. We watched Pursuit of Happyness, which was also all right. Then, we had secks. Yayz.

Sunday morning, we had more secks (yayz) and breakfast. Around two, Tomokito and a friend of Y came over for wine and cheese. We had decided earlier that it was going to be too hot for a picnic. Air conditioning is a lovely thing.

Tomokito drove me home around 6. I started to get the dreaded early-evening-I-shouldn't-have-drunk-so-much-in-the-afternoon hangover, so I took a nap. When I woke up, DUN and Across the Hall from DUN Neighbor were mowing the yard. The lawn mower was sounding a bit odd, so I went outside to see if I could help.

We turned the mower over and the blade was really loose. I went inside, grabbed a monkey wrench, and tightened the bolt. And, guess what? It worked! VUBOQ is so handy. You can read the Straight Guy's version of events here.

And that was about it. Pottery class starts again tonight (yay!), so Meat-Free Monday posts will be going on a 9-week hiatus.

More later. *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Dude, you are like so butch. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hot and sticky here. What is the purpose of living in a place where the state flower is an icicle if it gets this hot during the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot. Very Hot. I hate being sweaty, too, though sometimes I'll put up with it if secks is involved.

    I have the movie Pursuit of Happyness, but have never watched it. Should I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Java: It's a good movie. Not quite as good as I was hoping, but worth watching.

    ReplyDelete