Thursday, June 26, 2008

Emerging from the Mines

Good morning, kittens.

I'm actually busy at work today. Can you believe it? Neither can I. I mean, really, what the fork? I'm almost done though (yay!). I have one more horrible email to answer [about a nationwide master list of sites where polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs) have been left in-place. Short answer: There isn't one. Long answer: ... VUBOQ thinks it has to do with the fact that there is no required reporting to EPA if PCBs are left in place; however, he has to dig through the regulations to verify this. Of course, if it turns out there is required -or even, optional- reporting, VUBOQ is fairly certain that the EPA is not organized/efficient enough to compile that information into something readily available and usable. See what I have to deal with? *sheesh*].

So, while VUBOQ reads fascinating documents with fun titles like 40 CFR 761.61 and 40 CFR Parts 750 and 761 Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Final Rule and, maybe, if I'm lucky, Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) Site Revitalization Guidance Under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), you can entertain yourselves by composing your VUBOQ-inspired entry for the contest (Deadline: This Friday)*. ...

Hm... VUBOQ is thinking of changing the rules a bit. You may NOW write a post either (a) about VUBOQ [as originally stated] or (b) in the Style of VUBOQ. That might be more fun, huh?

OK. Get busy! *smooches*

*There are fabulous prizes. Srsly.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any government entity that's organized or efficient enough to have lists of any use or interest to the public at large? (I had to try to deal with the BIA once, and it was pathetic enough to be laughable.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered if anyone ever read those things, they put me instantly to sleep, no wonder you have such a wicked sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CFRs *shudder* The scarry thing is, for my job I can quite you chapter and verse parts of 40 CFR 60 and 40 CFR 75. I know I've been at work too long when that happens... (At least I only have the air regs to deal with...)
    Of course they don't have a list... I'm still cringing at all the changes they're making for air reporting by the end of the year...

    ReplyDelete