Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Job Hunt Update

Resume/Cover Letters sent: 2
Resume/Cover Letters to be sent tonight: 1
Resume/Cover Letters almost ready to send (and, hopefully, will be sent tonight): 1
Interesting Job Announcements which I eventually want to send Resume/Cover Letters: 7


Most of the jobs are based in the DC/Metro area, but one is in San Jose and one is in South Korea (eep!) ... which raises* the questions: How far are you willing to move for a job? And what factors help determine that distance?

For me, I think, distance isn't that big of a deal. The most important factor is career trajectory: Will moving advance or hinder my career? And I won't find that out until (if) I make it to the interview stage. For now, I'm all what-the-hell-send-in-the-application. We'll load that U-Haul** when we come to it.

*but doesn't beg
**Did I ever tell you about the time a horse attacked our U-Haul?

6 comments:

  1. South Korea? For real?

    I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days I'm far less willing to relocate, but that's because I have more than just myself to consider. Plus I live in a beautiful place that I'd hate to leave. Unless it were to convert the huge house my grandmother grew up in to a B & B. It's even beautifuller there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not particularly on today's topic, but I thought I'd pass along the following recipe anyway:

    Lillet Tomlin

    1 ounce Lillet.
    1 ounce Mandarine Napoleon (or Cointreau)
    ½ ounce Cognac
    ½ ounce Maraschino liqueur.

    Shake with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry
    WITH STEM, and a thin slice of orange perched on the rim of the glass.

    Garnish additionally with two ringy-dingys and serve to the party to whom you are speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved from Evian (yes, where the water comes from) in France to Dallas for work, so I'm pretty open to move anywhere with a preference for Australia or at least the West Coast (and that includes Hawaii)

    ReplyDelete
  5. U-Haul + Horse = ?

    Also, you don't talk about your relationship much, but are you at the point where you need to take the bf into account in your relocation plans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. gotta hear the one about the horse and the U-Haul. Please. Also interested in the answer to Chelsea's question...

    ReplyDelete