Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Meat-Free Monday: OLS Epic Fail Edition

Good morning, kittens!

As you know, I decided to participate in the One Local Summer challenge, in which I must make one meal a week using all locally grown ingredients. My plan was to combine the OLS challenge with my weekly Meat-Free Monday post.

Well, OLS started this week. Since I was in New York, I was unable to go to the Farmer's Markets in Silver Spring and Takoma Park on Saturday. Thus, last night's Meat-Free Monday meal was a non-local pasta extravaganza. Alas ...

I will need to do some research to see if I can buy local food somewhere near here (other than the over-priced locally grown veggies sold at Whole Foods).

Meanwhile, last night I made Spaghetti with Asparagus, Shiitake, Lemon and Chives from Epicurious.com. Except I used linguini. And regular mushrooms (shiitake are expensive). And I forgot to buy chives.

And I cut the recipe in half-ish.

Even without the shiitake and chives, it was still delicious. Some people in the reviews claimed it was too lemony, but I really liked it. YUM. Very refreshing.

Hope you had a delicious Meat-Free Monday Meal! If you didn't, why not try it next week?

More later. *smooches*

P.S. It seems the Straight Guy made something similar last night.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!

    Minus the shrooms(of which i am terrifed)and that is one kick ass meal!

    Peace
    #2

    ReplyDelete