The Nickname
For four summers, I taught US Geography at a camp for Asian exchange students. My roommate, Don, was an Iowan dairy farmer, part-time college English professor, and a part-time high school Spanish teacher. One evening, after work, we were talking about low-performing students (in general, not at the camp), and Don said, "I call 'em pabs.""Pabs," I asked. "What does that mean?"
"Peaked At Birth. It's all down hill from there."
And we both laughed.
This morning, while attempting to create a moniker for "the Date," I realized his initials are P.A.B. And I laughed.
PAB called last night. On Saturday, he's going to pick me up for brunch, and, then, we are going to the newly reopened National Portrait Gallery. Fun times, I'm sure.
Hooray, i can't wait to hear al;l about it. If the Joseph Cornell exhibition is still up definitely check it out. I had to have visited it at least five times before I left Washington it was so good!
ReplyDeletePab. Heh. Cute.
ReplyDelete