Friday, February 23, 2007

My Nights are Filled with Excitement

So, I was at the Upstairs Neighbor's apartment last night (Hi, Upstairs Neighbor *waves*). She invited me to join her and some friends for knitting and conversation. It was fun. I worked on my knitten. I'm almost finished with the thumb gusset. *heh* "gusset" is a weird word.

I left around 10. pab said he would call last night, but didn't. I called once I got back to my apartment. He didn't answer. I left a message saying I'd be heading to bed around 10:30. Maybe he wasn't free until after that point. It's not like him to 1) not do what he says and b) not call at all. Weird. I hope everything is ok. I might give him a bell during my lunch break today.

And -amazingly- I have no plans for tonight (yet). I might email Jerry to see if he is free for happy hour. Or, I might go home straight after work and watch Season 1 of Extras. It is cold outside. And windy. So not conducive to me wanting to venture forth into the big city.

I wish I had something interesting to blog about, but I guess that can wait until after this weekend.

OH. I know. Did you see this totally cool article in the WaPo:

For First Time, Chimps Seen Making Weapons for Hunting

Go. Read it now. Then, you can come back and discuss.

It's articles like this that make me regret that I didn't follow the biology track to my education. Of course, I wouldn't have been studying chimpanzees killing bush babies. I would have been studying Assassin Bugs (and the like. gotsta love the Hemipterans!)! *woot!*

Maybe after I get my current Master's degree paid off, I'll go back ...
Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that article and I was like, "you know, I'm not really surprised..." They already use sicks to stab termite mounds; stabbing larger things with sticks was the next logical step.

    What did intrigue me was the idea that it's not the males who need spears, but the young females, in order to compensate for not having the physique to hunt bare-handed. Maybe hominid females developed the first weapons as an extension of their arsenal of foraging tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vuboq is NEVER boring!

    Have a great weekend exploring Pab, I mean, Williamsburg.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww poor little bush babies. :(

    *cries*

    ReplyDelete