Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I Cook. Therefore, I Am.

Or at least, therefore, I eat.

Last night, I made a very yummy pasta dish. I sauteed some leftover butternut squash (maybe 1 cup's worth) in about 3 tbsp of butter. Once it was soft, I mashed it with some salt, pepper, and thyme. To make it a bit more liquidypasty, I also added a smidge of olive oil.

To this, I added a whole lot of grated parmesan cheese. Then, I tossed it with penne pasta.

I served it with a simple salad.

It was surprisingly delicious.

In the meantime, is everyone thinking about CHILI (not Chile! and not Chilly!)?

3 comments:

  1. If you are a vegetarian, I assume meat won't be in your "chili." Won't that just make it beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gayprof: beans, tomato, onion, corn, jalapeno, and possibly some sort of TVP, like Boca Crumbles. Trust me, it will be delicious "chili con TVP."

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummmm, the pasta that is not chili. not a fan of chili (it kills my taste buds).

    ReplyDelete