Friday, February 09, 2007

A Week of Triumph

Well, my first week of tightening the Budgetary Screws is about to end with some significant successes!

First, I brought my lunch to work EVERY DAY this week! Which, if you think about, saved me at least $50. *woot*

I also did not purchase any coffee shop coffee. No Starbucks. No Panera. No Borders. No overpriced coffee! I either brought it from home or drank office swill! Savings: probably about $20. *woot*

So far this week, I am well within the confines of my budget boundaries. Of course, this is the first week of the month. Hopefully, I can maintain discipline. Go me!

Last night, I did laundry. *woot*
Excitement.

Tonight, I have no plans. I think it's going to be too cold to venture into DC. I've been craving Manhattans lately, so maybe I'll buy the ingredients [bourbon, sweet vermouth, cherries] before heading home. I also have to go to Giant to buy groceries for ...

The First Annual Blogger Chili Blog Off!!!! *woot*

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and recipes on Saturday (or Sunday). This is going to be so much fun. And, if all goes well, my cooking won't kill the 5 or so people who are coming over on Saturday night.

Fun times, kittens. Fun times.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I've just got up at 5.15 am on a saturday to go to the restauranteurs market to buy my ingrediants. Yes, on a Saturday! This no alcohol thing is just giving me too much energy. Chilli is mexican right? I'm gonna spike mine with Tequilla....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom snuck and made chili last night, and I feared that my participation in the Chili Blog Off might be in jeopardy! But her chili sucked. So I'm still making my delicious veggie chili on Saturday. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you buy pricey lunches!

    ReplyDelete