Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Grow Weary

My date yesterday was ... um ... well, it simpy was.
There was no spark. No connection. Conversation was strained and awkward. And not helped by him losing is train of thought every time a hot waiter walked by.

um. hello? i'm right here. focus on me.

Is that asking too much?

It's all so much work, this finding someone. And I grow weary.

I sit here typing up a post and eating the bag of peanut butter M&Ms I bought to send to you-know-who. Looks like I'll be heading back to the Safeway tomorrow during my break.

In other news, Mike is coming over for dinner. I'm making the Winter Vegetable Chowder which Pesky Apostrophe raved about. I doubt mine will be as good as hers, but I'll give it the old college try!

Now, it's time to think about life and knit.
*Happy Sunday smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that January sucks? Yeah, I know it's technically February, To me, though, it will be January until February 15th.

    In the meantime, no dates or new relationships will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yawn. i grow weary too. when will i find the perfect chocolate. the search makes me wistful and enthusiasm wanes.

    gp - does your prophecy have anything to do with mercury being in uranus? or in v's case it could be jupiter or the solar system and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, it is asking too much of some people. :p

    Believe me, I know what you mean about weary... but eventually someone comes along who makes you cautiously optimistic, and then it doesn't seem so bad in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. better to find out now than later. at least you don't have to worry about him become some weird stalker guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's give January, however defined, a Viking funeral and send it out to sea in flames.

    Okay ... I feel better now.

    Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. That part about him becoming distracted sounds horrid.

    ReplyDelete