Friday, July 25, 2008

T-Minus 27 Hours

And guess what I did last night?

I spilled an entire container of peppercorns all over the kitchen. GAH. I still have loads to do to prepare for the Parental Visit.

The living room is mostly organized, but I still need to dust, sweep, vacuum, and do a bit more general tidying.

Kitchen? Disaster.
Dining Nook? Disaster.
Bathroom? Disaster.
Bedroom? Major Disaster.
Bossy's Guest Room? Minor Disaster (but not a big deal, since I'll be sleeping either there or in the living room ... depending on which is cooler).

I have a lot to do tonight. And tomorrow.

As for activities ... I think we're going to take a field trip to Target! Hurrah. I can has gigantic buckets of kitty litter. We might go to the Afghanistan exhibit at the National Gallery of Art. And, on Sunday, there's a local farm tour/open house kind of thing. So, I'll make them drive me all over. Apparently, there is an alpaca farm somewhere in this county. Fun.

*oog*

More later, kittens. *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NC Cuzin1:30 PM

    Say hi to your folks from the NC cuzin fam-damily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a very productive evening. Sounds like you need it!
    Peppercorns would make an interesting aromatherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lordy, child. Don't you make your mama cry again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do your parents know you're gay?

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the family prep! I highly recommend the Afghanistan exhibit if it is not too crowded. Really cool stuff but would be difficult to see if there are too many people.

    BTW is Mr. Man being introduced during this visit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. -To funny, I am sitting here eating a box of Mike and Ike reading about all the cleaning you have to do and I am having a housefull of 25 tomorrow (in a 600sq ft condo!)thinking I should get up and start cleaning :)

    Good luck on the visit! I live close enough where my parents can just visit without spending the night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alpaca farm! Alpaca farm!`

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and please try to have fun!

    ReplyDelete