Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I Force You To Look at My Food

Good Morning, Kittens!

This is a picture of my dinner. I -sort of- followed this recipe from Epicurious: Sweet Potato Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing.

Most of the modifications I made were with the dressing. I used my own Thai Basil instead of cilantro and replaced the chili powder with 3 of my dried Thai chilies. The dressing was still a bit ... not zingy. I think it needed something else, but I'm not sure what. Maybe a smidge of red curry paste?

I tossed the salad with about a cup of red quinoa to give it a bit more nutritional value.

The result: Surprisingly Delicious, even though I cooked the potatoes for a smidge too long. I give this recipe Two Thumbs Up! Way up!

Chef's Little Helper last night was gin with lemon italian soda over ice cubes with blueberries frozen in them. Yumminess!

Meanwhile, I'm still pounding away on the stupid KSAs. I think I am stuck and need to have a brainstorming session with some friends. Because there are a couple of questions which I have no idea how to answer (most involving my knowledge of building regulations and accounting practices). I'll continue to slog away at them today though. Wish me luck.

More later. *smooches*

PS. If you have time, read this fascinating two-part series, Trail of a Killer, in the WaPo. This is part 2, but there is a link for part 1 on that page.

3 comments:

  1. 'Chef's Little Helper' gets Bossy every. single. time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly10:14 AM

    chef's little helper sounds delicious. would you make me one if I asked nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the salad sounds delicious.

    the story, despite the abysmal grammar and atrocious editing, was a compelling read. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete