Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Free Stuff. Just for You!

Well, kittens, we're down to the final month of employment and I'm going through my desk. Here are a few things I'd rather not throw away, so leave a comment if you want them:

Endocrine Disruptor Screening and Testing Advisory Committee (EDSTAC) Final Report: Volumes I & II (August 1998)

Here's a gem from Volume II (which contains summarized public comments, like this one):
K--- L---, a citizen from Channelview, Texas, outlined personal health problems since moving to Houston in 1975. She expressed anger and frustration at the deleterious* effects chemical exposure has had on her health, and urged the Committee to help others in similar situations.

VUBOQ can only imagine what she said ... and wishes he could read it in its entirety, but is way too lazy to get the transcript from those meetings (even though he knows how).

Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Parts 700-789 (2002-2005)
Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Parts 790 to End (2002-2006)
Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Parts 300 to 399 (2005) [I'm not really sure why I have this one, other than our PO is an idiot and sent it to us by mistake.]

Why would anyone want Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations for the past 5 years?

So you can look up fun little tidbits of information like this, of course:
Each local education agency shall: Ensure that workers and building occupants, or their legal guardians, are informed at least once each school year about inspections, repsonse actions, and post-response action activities, including periodic reinspection and surveillance activities that are planned or in progress. [40 CFR 763.84(c)] [This section refers to asbestos in schools.]

And, finally (well, finally for today ... there could be more fun things given away all month long),

Toxics Watch 1995

With this fun tome, you can learn all sorts of neato information about the production and release of chemicals from 1991-1993 (with projected data for 1994). Did you know that in 1991, Pennsylvania was ranked 9th for Total Chemical Releases and Transfers? Yep. Ninth. 268,932,059 pounds. Texas was #1! Go Texas!

I also have a staple remover I might be willing to part with ... if the price is right.

Try to contain your excitement, please. *smooches*

*VUBOQ can not read the word deleterious without immediately thinking of Lina Lamont in Singin' in the Rain: "It would be detrimental and deleterious to my career. I could sue you for the whole studio."

6 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly6:35 PM

    ***VUBOQ can not read the word deleterious without immediately thinking of Lina Lamont in Singin' in the Rain***

    and neither can I. "dee-laa-tear-eee-ous" in her pronunciation. one of my favorite movies.

    uh, those reports would be good recycling paper. good for the environment, not destined for a landfill.

    just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrong end of 40 CFR for me... I'm a patr 60 and 75 chicky personally... stupid air regs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one can say "deleterious" quite like Lina Lamont. Even my kids love that movie.

    P.S. Do NOT put me on the list of readers to whom you will send one of those fine volumes. Thank you but, um, NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endocrine Disruptor Screening and Testing Advisory Committee (EDSTAC) Final Report: Volumes I & II (August 1998)


    Crap....I already have this one...I'm looking for Volumes III & IV...are they anywhere in your desk?


    peace
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. As tempting as all this is, I'll just wait for the pottery. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete