Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pots and Jobs

Good morning, kittens.

I am trying to be productive with the job search today. So far, I have brainstormed on the KSAs* for two jobs. My goal is to get both of those applications completed by the end of the week. If I can do a bit more note-taking at work today, I should be able to complete rough draft essays for all the questions tonight. Then, tomorrow, I can finalize the questions and submit the applications online. Fun. Times.

Pottery class last night was semi-productive. I trimmed a plate. Then, I made another lidded canister. I haven't glazed anything yet ... I was going to do some glazing last night, but ran out of time. Plus, a certain classmate managed to get dirty wet clay fingerprints all over my bisqueware. Which annoyed me. Was it entirely necessary to pick up every piece of pottery on the shelf to see if you'd made it? I can (usually) tell just by looking if a piece of pottery is mine. Then, I look at the signature to double check. I also wash my hands before handling bisqueware. How hard is that?

I haven't taken any photos of pottery this session. I was planning to take only Finished Object photos. However, with the classes being supersmall this session, it's taking a long time to get any FOs. Plus, plates and lids take extra time ... *sigh*

*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - essay questions for government applications.

2 comments:

  1. Essay questions? Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job hunt and the essay questions!
    Can't wait to see pictures of the new pottery goodness, you actually made me wanna do it, I signed up for pottery class!

    ReplyDelete