Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Job Idea #493: Baby Sitter Pimp

Good morning, kittens.

As some of you may know, one of the major stumbling blocks in my relationship with Y is our stance on children. Basically, Y wants and I am not so sure (although last night I had a startling revelation, which needs a bit more introspection before I blog about it).

In the past few months, I have made the acquaintance of several fabulous FBWCs*, and, in reading their blogs, I learned that baby sitters make a lot of cash. Yes, cash. Tax Free. Non-reportable. Under the Table Income.

So, let's do a little math:

1. VUBOQ needs a job, but is not overly excited about the children.
2. VUBOQ's BF loves the children.
3. VUBOQ has been meeting the fabulous FBWCs.

Put it together and what have you got**?

VUBOQ pimps out his BF as a baby-sitter, taking 20% off the top (because scheduling is hard work. Srsly). Suh-weet.

Back in the real world, pottery class was good last night. I glazed two things. I trimmed Canister #3, a vase, and a mug. And, I picked up two finished items:

My First Plate EVER:

First Plate

And, Canister #1:

Canister 1

More later. *smooches*

Oh, the Str8Guy has posted. Check it out.

*Female Bloggers with Children, because "Mommy Blogger" sounds so demeaning.
**Bibbity bobbity boo

13 comments:

  1. I don't understand the desire for children. Never have, never will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly12:33 PM

    I am with gayprof on that one. and, just for the record, I am a str8 female.

    your plate and cannister are fabulous! is ceramic designer a possibility for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be your first client. As an added bonus my kids should turn V off the idea of children forever.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plate is pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would totally be the most ridiculously devoted dad and you know it. So don't even try. As opposed to the previous commenters, I completely understand the desire to have children and it is manifold and powerful. Kids rock. They just cost a lot. That's the only thing that's stopping me from doing it solo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and the plate is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you had mentioned this 10 years ago, I'd have told you how wonderful children are. Now I have 6 of them living in my home. 4 are teenagers. 2 are almost teenagers. Of the 6, 4 of them have significant mental/emotional issues. Consequently *I* have significant mental/emotional issues. I should have taken my father's advice. He said "Never let them outnumber you." My advice to you is don't ask a parent of teenagers whether or not you should consider having children. You will not get an objective answer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent plate--pretty canister, too!

    First visit here. I don't know why.

    Love the get-rich scheme. Real potential there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant babysitting idea! It would probably cure Y pretty quickly of wanting kids, too.

    The plate is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm liking the canister. That lid rocks! And I still *heart* Michigan brown. That color makes me feel so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look nice! What studio did you go to to learn how to make these? Or are you just good like that!? :P

    ReplyDelete