Saturday, August 02, 2008

Food Fight

Good morning, kittens!

I hope you were all up bright and early, so you could go to the Farmer's Market to buy fresh vegetables for the Summertime Cold Soup Contest!!!

As promised, here's my dinner last night ...

Thai-Inspired Fried Rice:
Thai-Inspired Fried Rice

Chef's Little Helper (not pictured) was Thai Basil-Infused Vodka with Tonic. So ... what I did was in about 1 tbsp (or more) Canola Oil and 1 tsp (or more) of sesame oil, I fried about 1 tsp of Thai red curry paste.

Then, I added two thinly sliced scallions and two sliced chili peppers (from the garden).

Next, I tossed in half a zucchini (cubed).

After those items were mostly cooked, I added about a cup and a half of cooked rice and a splash of soy sauce.

Once the rice was heated through, I made a hole in the center and poured in one beaten egg to scramble.

Finally, just as it was finishing up, I threw in a handful of thinly sliced Thai Basil (from the garden).

Delicious! and SPICY!

Later, SCGB and DUN came down for conversation, DVDs, and blueberry-infused gin cocktails. We mixed the gin with Lemon Italian Soda. Later, I tried it with Tonic Water. Both were delicious.

Blueberry-Infused Gin:
Blueberry-Infused Gin

To make the gin, in a glass container, I added about a pint of fresh blueberries and poured a fifth of gin over them. I let them infuse for about 5 days. Then, I strained out the blueberries.

YUM.

Have a happy weekend. *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of the blueberry infused gin. I'm a huge fan of blueberry anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, such a beautiful amethyst color. Goddawg, I can' wait for huckleberry season.

    ReplyDelete