Monday, August 04, 2008

Unemployment Day 2

Good Morning, Kittens. How's work?

Srsly. I think of you all, slaving for the Man in front of your dusty computers, drinking crappy office coffee swill, dreaming of the day that you, too, will be laid off and sitting at home in your boxer shorts, surfing the net, and thinking Big Thoughts.

So, here are my accomplishments thus far this morning:

1. Got out of bed! Huz-ZAH.
2. Filed for Maryland Unemployment Insurance
3. Applied for health insurance. Kittens, COBRA is fucked. I mean, srsly. Nearly $300/month to continue my coverage (um. yeah. I don't have a job. How am I supposed to pay that?). I've applied for a high deductible plan through Blue Cross/Blue Shield that will be $72/month. Still, health insurance is a fucking scam. Fortunately, I'm not bitter. *cough*

Things to do today (not particularly in this order):

1. Organize BOSSY's Guest Room (aka. "the office"), so I can do my job searching there.
2. Sort (and possibly do) laundry.
3. Nap.
4. Shower.
5. Jog.
6. Pottery Class (OMG. It's the last one. So sad).
7. Have totally crazy haven't-seen-you-for-over-a-week hot buttsecks with teh BF.

More later (perhaps). *smooches*

PS. Don't forget to be working on your Summertime Cold Soup Contest entry!!!

7 comments:

  1. Healthcare in this county is a scandal. Nobody should be forced to pay for insurance when they are out of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good way to spend your first Monday of unemployment. Especially the pottery class and the hot buttsecks. Welcome home Y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Insurance in the US is really bad, coming from France, it's a big difference. The french system has its flaws but it is a better way (maybe you should move there, food is better as well but people are rude...)
    Anyway I just saw the summer soup contest and will get to work on it quickly, I LOVE Vuboq's pottery and your latest creations are just great!
    Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink coffee. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have my own coffee for the office; Folgers is teh sukc.

    About the health insurance, yeah. Kind of makes one wish they were in Canadia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a reason that they name COBRA after a big ole nasty snake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: COBRA - OMG TELL me about it. I was so pissed when I was on COBRA. It's telling that the first thing people ask me when I tell them about my future career plans is, "but what are you going to do if you don't have health benefits?". It really is something that kills people's dreams.

    ReplyDelete