Thursday, August 07, 2008

Unemployment Day 5 Bottle of Gin 1

Good Morning, Kittens!

How's work? Get into a petty argument with the co-worker in the next cubicle who insists on smacking his gum like the overweight cow he is?

Things here in Unemployedlandia are peachy keen. I sent out two resumes yesterday, and I'm going to work on a couple of government applications later today.

First, I have to venture forth into hip and happening downtown Silver Spring. I received my final (*sniff*) paycheck and my "bonus" for working until the end of the contract yesterday, so I need to go deposit them.

Here's a fun fact: Did you know bonuses are taxed at a higher rate than regular paychecks? Don't believe me? Here's a little proof:

The federal tax on my regular paycheck (which is nearly double the bonus) was $208.
The federal tax on my $1000 dollar bonus was $100 $208 $250! Fuckers.

Mmm. Hmmm. After all the taxes were taken out, my $1000 bonus was actually a $594 bonus. Woo. Hoo. I shouldn't complain. Any bonus is a nice bonus. But the taxes are reDONKulous.

After depositing the checks, I'm going to Borders (to treat myself to a book and/or DVD), the likker store (to treat myself to some gin), and the Whole Foods.

Then, home again to work on teh job stuffz. Around 3, I think I'll head over to the pottery studio to see if everything has been bisque-fired. Then, Y and I are headed to Ray and Joey's for a little get-together.

Fun times.

Finally, here's a picture of dinner last night. Using the last of the Thai Basil Pesto, I stir-fried zucchini, mushrooms and tofu. Delicious.

Thai Basil Pesto Stir-fry

Have a good day! *smooches*

PS. The Straight Guy is unemployed too.

5 comments:

  1. Yep, the higher tax rate on the bonuses suck!

    Sounds like you are being productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, all that tofu is going to make you GAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. goblinbox: Oh NOEZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are my eyes tired or are those mushrooms glazed in Michigan Brown?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My straight guy has been unemployed for 3 months. It sucks. Hang in there, it will get better.

    ReplyDelete