Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Friday (I Think)

Good Morning, Kittens!

How's work? Just a few more hours 'til Go Home Time and the warm comforting embrace of your evening martini! Yay for Gin! Yay for weekends! Give yourself a big pat on the back for surviving another week of office drama.

As for me, I have loads of running around to do today.

I have to buy my lottery ticket ($95 million, $58.4 million cash option). I must deposit a couple of checks. Then, I have to buy an interesting bottle of wine for a wine-tasting challenge party tonight. The friend of a neighbor is hosting. It should be fun. Wine! Cheese! Wine and cheese!

I suppose I should also buy some groceries too. Apparently, vuboq can not live on gin alone.

He must also have olives!

Saturday is SCGB's Backyard BBQ 30th Birthday Celebration Extravaganza! That should also be a good time.

Then, the Closing Ceremony on Sunday. Hopefully, I can coerce someone into inviting me over to watch it. I'm not sure if the Olympic Knitting Project will be finished on time. I started Chart 3 (out of 4) last night. So, if I'm lucky, the knitting will be done, but not the blocking and the fringe attaching. Oh, well. At least I learned a new skill! I hope to design my own illusion scarf in the future :-)

OK. I need to get going. More later. *smooches*

1 comment:

  1. anne marie in philly12:23 PM

    dear VUBOQ:

    sounds like you have a *very* fun weekend planned!

    (me - jealous as sin!)

    have you ever read "shadow knitting" by vivian hoxbro? good stepping off point for designing your own works!

    will you be attending stitches east in bawlmer in november? if so, hopefully we can meet up for a drinky-poo!

    ReplyDelete