Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Meat-Free Tuesday: Gotta Use the Thai Basil Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

Tonight for dinner, I decided to make Thai Basil pesto. A few weeks ago, one of my neighbors emailed me a "recipe" which listed ingredients, but no measurements. Unfortunately, that email was sent to my no-longer-accessible work account. So I had to reconstruct it from memory. Just for you, I actually measured the ingredients this time ...

So, here we go.

In a food processor:

1 cup loosely packed Thai Basil
1 shallot
1 clove garlic
2 thai chili peppers
1 tiny bit of ginger
1 tbsp peanuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil

Like this:

Thai Basil Pesto Before

Process until you get this:

Thai Basil Pesto After

Toss with noodle of your choice. I think I would have preferred cellophane noodles, but all I had was angel hair pasta:

Thai Basil Pesto with angel hair pasta

Delicious!

*spicy pesto smooches*

PS. Can you spot (and guess) Chef's Little Helper?

2 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly6:28 AM

    I see a glass in the upper right corner, first pix.

    blueberry infused gin, perhaps?

    or rum and coke?

    something dark...

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristen5:24 PM

    this one looks like a must try...

    ReplyDelete