Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh Hai!

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

Very uneventful morning. It was raining, and I thought, "What a great day to not have to go to work!"

I hit snooze twice. Yay.

Then, I blobbed around the house. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the recycled sari yarn. I may have hit upon a plan (with thanks to BustersDad). We'll see how it goes. So far I'm mildly pleased (after ripping out about 4 other attempts last night and this morning). Photos eventually, I'm sure...

Around noonish, I went to lunch with SCGB (with side trips to the bank and Whole Foods). We ate at Panera. Yummy chainy goodness, fer sure.

Now, I'm home. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon knitting and blobbing and knitting and watching TV. Tonight, I'm heading over to a neighbor's to watch Obama's acceptance speech. I will try not to cry ... but, srsly, just listening to excerpts of Bill's speech on NPR this morning made me a little misty and wistful for the good ol' days when there was someone with sense (and a Democrat!) in the White House.

I'm taking a handle of tequila to the party. I figure we could all do a shot every time Obama mentions "hope" or "change."

Have a lovely afternoon and evening. *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Is that Panera Bread? I've heard everyone loves that place but I have never been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the kind of political party I could get into.
    So, you make all this infused vodka, but no tequila? I hear tequila + strawberries + a month in the fridge = nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're unemployed, why on earth do you set an alarm?

    ReplyDelete