Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Unemployment Day 3

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

How're those jobs going? Hate your boss? Too hot in your suit? I feel your pain. Really. I do.

I'm going to be sending out a couple of resumes later today ... and working on more fun-filled federal government KSAs. Woo. Hoo.

And, get this, I applied for a federal job in Colorado several weeks ago. And, then, the job myseriously closed 2 weeks early. I didn't finish the KSAs for that job, because it is possible to update KSA answers online until midnight of the day the job closes.

Last night, I get an email that read: "You were not rated high enough for consideration for this position based upon your responses to the job specific questionnaire. No further determination as to your qualifications or eligibility was made."

I seriously considered replying to that email with "maybe if you hadn't fucking closed the fucking job two fucking weeks early I could have finished my answers to the fucking job specific questionnaire." Y talked me out of it ...

The last pottery class of the session last night was OK. I couldn't do much because several of my pieces haven't been bisque fired yet. I glazed one vase and trimmed another. Then, I made a couple of handbuilt doodads. I'll go in on Friday, I guess, to see if everything is ready. Then, I'll have to decide if I want to risk glazing without the instructor present or not. I may glaze a few things, but hold off on Canister #3 until next session.

No other news. No exciting plans. Just me and a bottle of booze.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Your idea for a response to the e-mail you got about the job that closed early definitely intrigues me, but it might be a career-limiting move. More fun to think about than to do, as are a lot of things. Good luck on your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how serious nancy's response was. :D

    ilu, nancy!

    But seriously man, pass the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I am seriously considering putting myself on the job market. My coworkers are driving me NUTS.

    The stupid, it burns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have to wear a suit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there, desperately wanted to do that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete