Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Update: Earl Cootie Is Pressuring Me to Get This Done Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

My tired knitting fingers are having a hard time typing this morning ... I am *almost* finished with the Dark Mark Illusion Scarf. I should be binding it off later this morning. I didn't finish it by the Closing Ceremony (wah), but I also started it a day late ... so finishing it a day late is OK, too. Right?

Anyway, totally fun weekend. On Friday night, we went to a wine tasting party. Everyone brought a bottle of wine, which was masked and numbered. Then, you tasted each wine and rated it 1 (low) to 10 (high). Let me tell you, kittens, there were 23 bottles of wine. After about 14, vuboq was a little loopy and all "woo hoo this is the best wine ever!" The host had bought loads of really yummy cheese, too. Mmm Mmm. Good times. And, to top it off, Y won the prize for the Worst Wine! He brought a sweet Israeli dessert wine, which, in retrospect, wasn't bad, just an inappropriate choice with all the other dryish dinner wines. I'm surprised it lost b/c I suspect one of the other wines was corked.

Saturday, total wine hangover. Not headachy, just groggy for most of the morning and afternoon. That evening, we went to SCGB's 30th Birthday Party BBQ Extravaganza. Tomokito and I enjoyed ourselves:

peteris30 036

More pictures of that party are on Flickr.

Sunday, I blobbed. Lots. Then, I metro'ed over to Y's to watch the Closing Ceremony. He's leaving for New York this evening. I will need to make plans for the week and apply for some jobs or something.

Happy Monday! More later ... perhaps even a Meat-Free Monday Update.

*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. The wine tasting party sounds like fun. Wine gives me a terrific headache. Every time. Even one small glass of wine will give me at least a slight headache. If I'm having a few drinks, it'll start before I'm done. I like wine, but it's sometimes not worth popping the cork! Rum, on the other hand...

    Are you going to show us the finished scarf later today? I like what I've seen of it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun idea for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all dessert wine is gross.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a loooot of wiiiiiiine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a wine drinker, but that does sound fun. I love getting looped and saying woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete