Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Update: Every Day is a Weekend When You're Unemployed Edition

Good morning, kittens!

Happy Monday! Is everyone glad to be back at work after a totally fun-filled weekend? I'm sure you are.

Isabella is helping me organize my unemployment papers, because I have a phone interview scheduled with the unemployment office. They seem to be under the impression that (a) I got a severance package [Does a $596 bonus count as a "severance package"?] and (b) that I am *not* unemployed. I don't see how those two things can even go together ... but, whatever. Y seems to think I'll tell them the amount of my "severance package;" they will die laughing; and reinstate my benefits. We shall see.

vuboq totally *hearts* dealing with bureaucracy.

So, this weekend ...

Friday night, I watched the Olympics. And knitted.

Saturday, Y and I watched Doctor Zhivago at the AFI (there was an intermission. Huzzah). After that 3.5 hour extravaganza, we went to DUN's apartment for a fun little dinner party.

Yesterday, we went rollerblading in Sligo Creek Park. Later, we had dinner at Adega with SCGB (whose 30th birthday is today, btw). Adega has this really great weekend dinner special - 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and a bottle of wine for $35. We shall have to partake of that again sometime. Y left after dinner, and I went upstairs to watch the Olympics with Tomokito.

Fun times. Really.

Today, I *must* finish an EPA application. The job closes tomorrow. I'm almost done with the essay questions. I think I might invite SCGB down for boozy milkshakes this afternoon for his birthday. We'll see ...

Have fun working. *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. All that for $35? They're practically paying *you* to sit there and eat and drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing well. I like the way Isabella helps you with the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that a fun-filled weekend actually makes Monday easier. It's the hectic, too-busy weekends or the crappy ones that make Monday feel awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are great at paperwork!

    Good luck with the UI benefits.

    ReplyDelete