Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend Update: I'm Still Tired. Can I Have Another Weekend Please Edition

Happy Monday, kittens. What a weekend this was. Like. Whew. I am tired. Worn-out. Rode hard. Put up wet.

Lessee ... I left work early on Friday (yay!) and headed over to the pottery studio. I threw a cute pitcher and two mugs. My goal with the two mugs was to use the exact same amount of clay and make them the exact same size and shape.

Ah, kittens, the best laid plans of mice and men in pottery class totally gang aft a'gleyed. You'll see pix (eventually), but, for now, let's just say "very not the exact same size and shape."

After class, I wandered over to Y's. We made dinner. Drank drinks. Watched Indochine.

Saturday morning, I headed back home. I bought groceries. I cleaned the cat box. I knitted [I am almost done with the second sleeve on the Never-Ending Cardigan of Doom!].

Around 8, Tomokito came down and, martinis in hand, we watched La Vie en Rose. Very good. Although a bit confusing. Every now and then, we'd look at each other and be all "Who is that and where did he come from?" or "She's married? When did that happen?"

Y came over later.

Sunday was my Dad's 70th birthday. 70. Wow. That is really, really old.

While Y studied, I went upstairs to watch the Project Runway Marathon with Tomokito. Fun times that 8+ hours of TV watching, punctuated by booze and food. Yasuko, a friend I haven't seen in ages, brought cake. Yummy CakeLove chocolate and toffee cake. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.

Y came up for cake. We returned to my apartment. He left at some point (after the cake things get a little hazy ... I was a bit durnk). I think I went to bed around 11.

This morning. Slightly overhung.

And that's my weekend in a nutshell.

I have pottery class tonight. Yay.

More later. *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Good food, drinks, friends, snuggle sleeping, Project Runway, and some pottery. Sounds like a good weekend to me. Now to get through another work week...

    I want to see those mugs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend to me. I spent yesterday trying to dig out of a huge storm. When will it EVER end?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have taken your weekend over mine any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, another fun weekend with Vuboq. Sounds like it was wonderful.

    I wouldn't feel too disappointed about those mugs not turning out the same. Differences can be quite interesting sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I guess you are also on The Bossy Does DC List? I am Jacki, and I just wanted to introduce myself.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should make it a goal to make no two mugs alike! I think craftspeople use that as a selling point.

    ReplyDelete