Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Baking

For Y's 40th Birthday Party, in addition to all the food we purchased, I decided a few homemade goodies would help to make it extra-special.

First, I made Mel's delicious Chocolate Tofu Pie. Here it is in the blender:

yuval40th 001

And, then, poured into two crusts (chocolate and graham, both purchased at Whole Foods):

yuval40th 002

Easy peasy to make. And yummy (but not quite as sweet as I thought it would be. I might put in more maple syrup if I make them again).

Next, I melted half a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and dipped strawberries in it:

yuval40th 004

Warning: Do not let your children lick the bowl or they may end up looking like this:

yuval40th 005

Next, I made chocolate chip cookies.

yuval40th 006

I experimented by putting some Peanut Butter M&Ms in a few:

yuval40th 007

This is the second batch (with no M&Ms):

yuval40th 009

This is the third, and final, batch (with M&Ms):

yuval40th 010

Colorful! Peanut butter-y!

Finally, I used the last of the semisweet chocolate chips to make chocolate-covered pretzels:

yuval40th 012

After all that, I was EXHAUSTED, but there was still entertaining to do ... You can check out all the fun here!

5 comments:

  1. Yum. I would have found it hard to tear myself away from the chocolate station. Any fabulous savory pics to tempt me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute together! Happy Birthday Y ! xoxo ShallowGal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say that you are a ridiculous Suzy Homemaker freak, but I realized I'm just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you gonna make me chocolate covered strawberries on MY birthday? I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of your chocolate covered "child" there. Did Y enjoy his party? It looks like a lot of fun. The food was beautiful, anyway.

    Happy belated Birthday, Y!

    ReplyDelete