Friday, March 14, 2008

At Any Moment I Might Vomit

The house is CLEAN!

I mean, not just regular clean, but you can eat out of the bathtub clean. And given how many people are going to be in my house this weekend, someone may have to eat out of the bathtub.

I vote for Only Me.

Hyphenated Non-IDentity arrives this afternoon, with the rest of the kittens getting in this evening or tonight. *whew*

I have borrowed enough (hopefully) bedding from the Most Rockingest Neighbors EVER! So everyone will have many comfortable sleeps in my abode.

I still feel like I have lots to do, but I'm not really sure what those things are ...

Other than PANIC, because (get this) ...

(are you ready?) ...

Y's Mother *may* be coming to the Vodka and Dessert Birthday Extravaganza on Saturday!

She arrives around noon today. Y was saying that she didn't really have anything to do on Saturday night, so he might just drop her off at a friend's house or something. Being the crazy idiot wonderful person I am, I said he should bring her to the party.

At this point, Y, who usually misses the point, was supposed to say, "Oh, no. I don't think she'd like that very much. I think the friends are looking foward to seeing her." Instead, he said, "OK. I will ask her."

Ack!

This will be the first time I've ever met the parents of someone I'm dating. EVER. Not that I'm nervous (lie), but when I think about it, I do kinda want to crawl under the bed to hide.

*deep breath*

I suppose I shall focus on being the fantastically fun and gracious host I always am and it will all work out.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you were brought up to being gracious every bit as much as I was. It's what Southerners do best. It'll be fine. Unless, of course, you get really, really drunk and feel the need to dance around in your birthday suit. That could require some 'splainin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least it'll be clean under the bed when you crawl there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love you. How could she not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the fantastically fun and gracious host I always am"

    You forgot "modest."

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time meeting parents? Wow. Eh -- You'll relax into it and then probably realize that you don't like her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, dear, concentrate on being that wonderful host.

    Sounds like you're hosting a big slumber party there. Oh what fun!!

    And what about the potential interview on Monday? Any word about that yet?

    Wish I could be there. Y'all have fun!

    ReplyDelete