Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Post-Birthday Roundup

Yesterday, we finally dragged ourselves out of bed around 10ish ... who knew that all those margaritas and $2 cocktails would be so unforgiving? Around 2, Mush, Only Me, and I headed into the District for a little casual sightseeing ...


We went to the Mall. There were Cherry Blossoms. I tried to eat them.


We walked up to the Capitol Building and sat in the Grotto (which I lurve ... I'm not sure why).


Then, we walked to Jaleo for tapas and the best sangria in DC. Mmm. Mmm. Delicious. Darryl joined us there, which was fun. I remembered that last year, I met friends at Jaleo on my birthday as well. The main difference was that last year it snowed. *kbrrr*

We came back home. Mush made a delicious veggie chili. A few of the neighbors joined us.

They left. We went to bed.

All in all, a pretty durn good birthday :-)

Thanks for all your comments and birthday wishes.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Cherry blossoms! I officially resent you now.

    (Glad you had such a great birthday, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a near perfect birthday! Congratulations, VUBOQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let it be known that you pretty much try to put everything in your mouth. It's not just cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete