Monday, December 10, 2007

The Fit Hits the Shan

Tonight is my co-op's board meeting. I am still undecided about whether I should attend or not. First, I don't want to get involved in a long, drawnout discussion concerning the fee increase. I believe I made my feelings about the increase and possible solutions known in a previous email. Second, several shareholders and I have emailed the Board requesting a separate meeting for all shareholders to discuss the proposed fee increase prior to our January Annual Meeting. And, third, I have a Christmas Craft-Making Gathering to attend.

I learned on Friday at a neighbor's holiday party that the board did not propose this increase. It came directly from our new (and, supposedly, better) management company. This raised several questions (and a few more emails to the Board) about the efficacy and responsiveness of this new management company. It's very easy to propose a drastic increase in fees when you don't have to pay them yourself.

Finally, I know, and consider myself friends with, most of the Board members. I know that they have our best interests at heart and will not approve an increase that will be a hardship on the shareholders, including the several residents who are retired and on limited incomes.

So, keep your fingers crossed that the meeting will have a positive outcome.

In other news ... I bought eggnog today (for the party tonight) and was reminded of a poem written by the Most Fantastic Cuzin. The poem has been lost to the ages, but I committed the first few lines to memory. So, here goes:

Low-Fat Eggnog

Low-fat eggnog
Is not for me.
No way. No how.
No sirree.

High-fat nog
Is how I like it.
Eggs and cream and
Then, I spike it.

*applause*
*applause*

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful poem. I teared up there at the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there no hope of finding the poem in its entirety? Or is it destined to become like the poetry of Sappho - fragments hinting at the glory of what was lost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, eggnog. The reason for the season, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must stop at cuz's house for some egg nog.

    ReplyDelete