Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hm. It Would Seem I Forgot to Give This Post a Title ... Until NOW

Before I regale you with stories of my exciting life, go vote for my latest blogcrush, Puntabulous, in the GayBloggies.

OK. Now that that's out of the way ...

Yesterday, after work, I ... (wait for it) ... finished my Xmas Cards!!! YAY! Well, except for my brother's. I don't have his new address. I need to call him, not only to get his new address, but also to coordinate one leg of my Pre-Xmas VayKay Tour of North Carolina, which will -hopefully- include us visiting our NC-based SuperFuntastic Cuzin, his wife, and SuperCute New Baby First Cousin Once Removed.

So ... after finishing my cards (have I mentioned that my Xmas Cards are FINISHED? YAY!), I went to DUN's apartment for a holiday Craft Night! YAY! My first beverage of the evening was a Gin Alexander (like a Brandy Alexander, but with gin). It was surprisingly delicious - 1.5 oz gin, 3/4 oz cream, and 3/4 oz creme de cacao. I thought it might be icky, what with the juniper/cream combo. But, no! 'Twas yummy! You should try it!

There was also eggnog ... lots of eggnog ... with lots of bourbon.

To quote a friend from this morning, "I think your liver is going to divorce you." I figure there will be no booze whilst at the parents' abode, so I should stock up now.

As for my craft, I worked on the scarf for my brother's girlfriend. I'm using this supersoft alpaca from knitpicks. Unfortunately, it's also superthin and is taking a superlong time to finish. It has to be done by Monday. gah.

Oh! And a big thank you to Scott C. He sent me a box full of books! YAY! BOOKS! Once I read them, I will be passing them on to some lucky person. [Don't hold your breath, though. There are *a lot* of books. It's going to take me some time to read them all.]

I'm off to the post office in a bit to mail my International Xmas Cards and my Alphalist CDs (except for 2. They're getting bigger packages and I'm looking for appropriate boxage).

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Should I get ready to receive your big package Mr V? What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Only Me likes Big Packages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a sweater out of Knitpicks Suri Dream, and it is the softest, warmest thing in the world. Your gift recipient is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, what sorts of books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got the books. Sorry it took so long to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out the link for the alpaca yarn. That's a new yarn source for me. Thanks!
    No booze at your parents' place? Oh, dear. btw, are you out to them?

    ReplyDelete