Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lugubrious

For some reason, I thought of that word on my walk to work this morning ... not because I am feeling particularly lugubrious. Rather, I like how it is pronounced, and -sometimes- when I am being silly, I say it to myself slowly, stretching out the second syllable to the point of ridiculousness. Luguuuuuuuuubrious.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean quite what I remembered it to mean. Oh, well.

I hope everyone had a SuperHappy Holiday yesterday. My day proceeded thusly:

I woke up. I drank lots and lots of coffee. I opened a few Christmas presents. [Big hugs and thank yous to Only Me (I can't wait to try the most rockingest one).] Then, I filtered the goop out of the Christmas Cranberry Cordial and mixed it with some leftover simple syrup I had in the fridge. The cordial? It is yummy. I took a picture, but forgot to upload it. Sorry.

A little before noon, I headed over to Mike's for his Christmas Potluck. Yum. I made White Trash Broccoli and Cheese Casserole. It's always a hit, even with a group of carb-hating queens. I left around 6PM, came home, chatted online and watched movies.

All in all, a very fulfilling day of doing mostly nothing.

Today, I have a few errands to run, and I must do laundry tonight. Fun times.

And now it's time to share with you another bad poem from my past. Enjoy!

General Nothing

General Nothing led his army
Into many a war.
The soldiers fought and died for him
And Nothing loved the gore.

General Nothing inspired them so
To go and kill and maim.
The soldiers took his words to heart
And Nothing gained the fame.

The mighty army burned the land.
The church bells ne'er will ring
For children cried over parents who died
In a battle fought for Nothing.

(Colonnades, 1990)

Bet you didn't see that last line coming from a mile away, did you?

It's going to be a SuperSlow day, so more later.
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a decent holiday! I bet your white trash Broccoli Casserole was better than most!

    (Broccoli is not a real carb anyway, at least not in my book. I mean if you have to worry about Green Veggie carbs, you have issues)

    *Hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember first hearing that word on the Disney cartoon movie Hercules.

    "Coming, your most lugubriousness!"

    Heehe, good times.

    ReplyDelete