Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Update: Bitch Got Some Pipes Edition

Last night, thanks to a generous friend of Robert, we were able to go to the True Colors Tour! And, man, was it awesome or what? So much fun. Seems like every fag in the metro area was there. I ran into Convertible Mike in the restroom. And Robert pointed out a member of the gay bloggerati. [Which raises an interesting question: What's the etiquette when you spot someone who you've never met, but you read their blog regularly? Is it OK to go and introduce yourself? Or is it best to admire from a safe and respectful distance?]

Anyway, Margaret Cho hosted, and she was on point! Very funny. And, I say this from the point of view of having recently watched her DVD, Cho Revolution, and not being impressed. at all.

The Opening Act was The Gossip. And, like, wow. True color me impressed. I want to run out and buy all their CDs and be a giggling screaming little school girl at all their concerts ... except, for some reason, I think a giggling screaming little school girl might get trampled in the mosh pit.

Then came the Dresden Dolls. They were kind of *meh*.

Next up was Rufus Wainwright. And, please don't hate me, Rufus fans, but I don't get all the (ru)fuss. All his songs sound exactly the same. By the third song I was ready to poke my ear drums out with an ice pick. Oog.

Then, there was Debbie Harry ... and then, Erasure ... and then, Rosie O'Donnell (Can we say, "Hello, I'm bitter?") ... and finally, Cyndi fucking Lauper! She's, like, a hundred years old and *still* running around the stage and belting out the songs! *woot*

Fun times, kittens. Fun times indeed.

As for the rest of the weekend ... Friday night Happy Hour was fun with Robert, Tomoko, and Mike. Mike left to meet Peter. R, T and I went to Alero for margs and cheese.

Saturday. Very hungover. I didn't do much of anything. I made a pasta salad. And, around 6, went to the park for DUN's bbq ... which was a lot of fun. Good turn out. Good conversation. Good food. Found out that Y and I have a few more friends in common ... small world, yo. Drank loads, but surprisingly ...

Sunday. Not hungover. *woot*

Went rollerblading. Did about 2.5 miles. In the afternoon, I went up to Tomoko's for a Tom Collins and some Sex and the City episodes. Then, the concert.

I'm a little stiff this morning. And tired. *whew*

Don't forget today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment by enjoying a delicious meat-free meal today! *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Yes, you can say "I told you so!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been able to see Cyndi Lauper running around the stage and Rosie O'Donnell being bitter.

    For sure, introduce yourself to a blogger that you read regularly. We are all a vain crew and would eat it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw the True Colors Tour in Chicago last week. We had a blast. Cyndi came out into the audience, and I helped her stand on my chair while singing "Girls just Wanna Have Fun." She is awesome, and I never tire of seeing her in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get all the Wainwright hoopla myself. From what I've heard, he's a really nice guy, and I do love his cover of "Hallelujah," but otherwise...not so much. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to live in your building and have drinks and watch S&TC reruns! Also I think it's way cute you and Y have friendses in common. Cuh-YOOT. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Rufus' cover of King Of The Road 'cause it's cute, but otherwise I find him a wee bit annoying. I wanted to luff him, but I couldn't. :-(

    chelsea: That Hallelujah cover, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is actually by Jeff Buckley innit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I can't hate you for not liking Rufus. I have to admit that half of my Rufus love actually comes from the rush of good friends I made being kind of a Rufus groupie when "Poses" came out years ago. And when I sort of lost touch with all that, the Rufus love did wane a little bit.

    Oh, and yes, do introduce yourself to bloggers out in the wild! Back when I lived in D.C., I was recognized a few times (which still amazes me), and I felt like a celebrity!

    goblinbox: That's the one. Jeff Buckley's is probably the most famous cover of "Hallelujah" (written by Leonard Cohen).

    ReplyDelete
  8. vuboq is very jealous of scottbcummings and glad that jeff does not hate him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. >>>What's the etiquette when you spot someone who you've never met, but you read their blog regularly? Is it OK to go and introduce yourself? Or is it best to admire from a safe and respectful distance?

    Yes, you can say hi. Especially if you come to say hi with beer.
    >; )

    ReplyDelete