Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Temporarily Possessed By Crankiness

I am not a National Spelling Bee Champion; however, I do understand the basic rules of spelling. It would seem a lot of people do not.

And that irks the living crap out of me.

I know that some words are very difficult to spell. For the life of me, I can never remember how to spell occasionally. I have to look it up every time I use it [and, yes, I just looked it up].

Fortunately, Blogger has spellcheck. Google suggests corrections to misspelled words. Merriam-Webster has their dictionary on-line.

They are all QUICK. AND. EASY. TO. USE!

It offends my sensibilities to see things like this (all taken from a post I read about 10 minutes ago):

"...writting..."
"...to bad your a lazy..."
"...doens't..."

*shudder*

I'm tempted to buy a dictionary and mail it to that person.
Too bad I'm broke.

6 comments:

  1. gayprof: You spelled those three words correctly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pet peeve is "definately." Agh, it makes me want to poke my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. send me the dictionary. well, but i have to admit that i'm very bitchy about misspelling or grammatical mistakes in japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i work very hard at not having spelling mistakes on my blog (aren't you happy about that?). i understand typos, they're something i make on a frequent basis, but words like their, they're and there all have their separate meanings. to see them mixed up drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of mistakes on my blog and I notice them but it's too late to correct them. :-( I hope Flash program comes with the spelling feature but it doesn't :-( Oh well. Sorry I am so bad. sob But misspelling isn't the only thing. Crying.

    ReplyDelete