Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Update: Anticipation Edition

What a weekend, kittens.

Friday night, I had a relaxing night in filled with knitting, martinis, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which I would like to say is *much* better than the director's other film (my impressions of that movie are here).

Saturday, I did some grocery shopping. Blobbed around. Weeded some of the front garden (with help from a professional super-weeder, DUN). Then, headed off to Dana's (not-quite-a) Suprise Birthday Party held waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the hinterlands of Maryland. I saw COWS! and DEER! and TRACTOR CROSSING SIGNS! GOOD LORD, DANA, WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE? The party was fun. Alyssa (who drove) and I helped ourselves to much beer and food and chocolate fountain goodness. Then, Dana dumped a beer all over Alyssa (It was an accident *wink wink*) and we left.

Sunday, I did some cleaning. Then, Tomoko and I went to the E Street Theater to see Paprika, which was AMAZING. I tell you, American animators should be working on exciting, innovative movies like this, rather than the kid-pleasing, formulaic crap they are currently churning out (Shrek III, I'm looking at you). After the movie, we met Mike at Austin Grill for food and margs. On the way home, I stopped off at Whole Foods to pick up a few things.

Once home, I blobbed around quite a bit more. I took a nap. I made pesto. I came up with an idea for a fairly interesting charity knitting project. Stay tuned for details. Once I get them all sorted.

A good weekend, filled with lots of fun and friends and food. But, mostly, I waited. For today. Funny thing when Monday is the most eagerly anticipated day of the weekend, huh?

I had an email from Y this morning. He arrived around 1:20 and will be in touch after he wakes up. I think today will be a long day.

*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Anticipation makes everything more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you got champagne glasses? Please don't be too loud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For real (or maybe not real?) on the Paprika. It gives hope that there are still maybe a few sort of innovative minds in the animation bazaar.

    Don't let your money woes bog down your meeting with yo man! Let him make you feel all better...

    ReplyDelete