Monday, June 04, 2007

Nightmares

Last night, I had trouble sleeping. Among the tossing and the turning and the odd dreams about being in contestant's row on The Price Is Right (and why did I bid $2.89 on the jar of JIF peanut butter?), I had some disturbing dreams. First, I dreamed that my cat, Sherlock, who died in 1996ish (at the ripe old age of 14), was walking across my bed. GHOST CAT! Creepy.

Then came the dreaded "there is someone else in the room" dream. Augh. I totally hate that dream. Needless to say, it freaked me out, and I had a hard time falling back asleep. It's times like this that I really hate sleeping alone.

The odd thing is that I haven't had creepy dreams like that in quite some time. In fact, it was almost exactly one year ago today that they started happening on a frequent, recurring basis. Yes, today is the one year anniversary of my discovery of the Cheating Cheater's cheating. I'm going to try not to dwell on it too much this week, but forgive me in advance if I do.

One of the good things that came out of that experience is my friendship with Mike. So, it wasn't all bad. Yay.

But, enough about that (for now, at least), I was able to blog a couple of times this weekend, so not much to update. Yesterday, it rained. A lot. So I didn't go into the District. Instead, I stayed home, watched some movies, and knitted like a fiend. I am *this* close to finishing the Super Secret Long-Promised Knitting Project. *woot* Then, Tomoko and Emiliano came down for wine and cheese. That was fun.

Don't forget today is Meat-Free Monday! Do your part for the environment by enjoying a meat-free meal. And, hey, why don't you blog about it, too?

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I had a creepy dream last night, too! Of course, a march of centipedes and cockroaches. Agh. Oh, BTW, "someone else" in your room was me. Sorry, wrong bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have had a number of nightmares the past week...

    Cheating Cheater still sucks even after a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate creepy dreams. i always find it, as you seem to have, hard to shake for some time.

    you had a cat named sherlock? so did we, and he was about 14 years old when he died when boy was coming up to 4, in 1996.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like cheating cheaters who cheat cheatfully. Not one bit.

    ReplyDelete