Friday, June 22, 2007

Half-Day Friday!

*woot*

I am outta here at 12:30 today! YAY for Summer Hours! Plans include meeting Mike for lunch near AU, doing a little shopping, then heading home for an easy night in. Aah.

Last night was fun. Met Jerry at the National Press Club for drinks and dinner. Then, we went to see a special screening of A Mighty Heart, which was awesome. Angelina Jolie was amazing. Let it be known, that, when Hollywood decides to turn my life into a big cinematic experience (well, bigger than it already is), I want to be played by Angelina Jolie!

Other than that, not much else is going on. I'm watching the hours slowly tick by until Monday. I told Y I would cook dinner, and this is what I'm planning:

caprese salad (tomato, mozzarella, and basil)
pasta tossed with homemade pesto
garlic bread

My biggest decision, now, is what wine goes well with that? I'm thinking either a light red or white (like pinot grigio?)? Any suggestions?

Have a great weekend, kittens!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I hate you.

    Re:wine. How about Rose?
    PS: How about Paprika on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tomokito: Shigeki (the cutie) sent me some good suggestions. Paprika on Sunday sounds good. Let's organize this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this moment, I need a cook who can do fantabulous things like you do. I hate cooking. I so hate cooking. :-)

    Cerfeuil. baby. Add Cerfeuil to your dinner thingy on Monday if you decide to pick the chardonnay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I give you some garden-grown fresh garlic for your special dinner? it is juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shigeki: Thanks for all your advice! *big smooches*

    broccoli rob: OMG! YES PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need more hours at work.

    Sadly, I don't WANT them.

    ReplyDelete