Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend Update: Keeping Active Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

Mine was a lot of fun ...

Friday, I made a delicious red bean and curried sweet potato stew. Yum! Then, I watched the final three episodes of Brideshead Revisited.

Saturday morning, I got up early and participated in the DC AIDS Walk. A few donations straggled in over the weekend, and my current total is $1115! I am so grateful to all the people who supported me in this undertaking. Scroll down (or click here) for my Walk Report.

I got home around 11:30AM, and, then, Mike and I went with two of his friends to Udupi Palace for a delicious all vegetarian lunch buffet. Mmm. Mmm. So good. I'm not a huge fan of Indian food, actually. I do like buffets though, because they allow me to sample a variety of dishes. And, by doing that, I am finding some Indian dishes that I do really like! Yayz!

Back home, I took a long nap. Zzzzz. I love naps. Up. Dinner. And watched Children of Men ... which was quite good (although I was speaking with a friend who said she was disappointed with the ending). I had forgotten that it was adapted from a book by P.D. James. I love her detective stories.

Sunday, I slept in! Then, after a late brunch, I headed over to the pottery studio. I made another lidded urn-like thing. I imagine these urn-like things to serve as water jugs of some sort. We shall see ... Once home, I watched DVDs while spending some quality time cuddling with teh kitteh

Today, I'll be doing a bit more job searching. Pottery class is tonight. I have a few things out of the kiln to glaze. And the instructor will be helping me to throw a chuck in order to trim the urn-like things.

More later. *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I too had some major quality time with the kitties. Boy kitty took a major nap on my lap while I watched some TV later in the afternoon. It was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on raising so much money in so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly9:06 PM

    "quality time cuddling with teh kitteh" is ALWAYS a good time! cats are marvelous creatures! and a nice picture of miss isabella too...

    humans may desert us, but our kitties won't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at pottery class tonight! How exciting.
    This is a super sweet pic of Isabella. What an adorable kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute photo! By the way, Bossy raised (for her entire Road Trip with three moths lead time) only slightly more than you were able to raise in three days!

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. goblinbox *hearts* Indian food.

    ReplyDelete