Saturday, October 04, 2008

Walk Report

Good Evening, Kittens.

I'm up from my nap, having a martini, and reflecting on my day ...

The DC AIDS Walk was amazing. Even though I couldn't convince anyone to walk with me, being among those thousands of people and knowing that so many friends and readers and family had supported me kept me going. Not that it was a long walk, but still ...

Not surprisingly, I got a bit of a late start. I'm not sure why. I woke up in plenty of time, but I guess I over-dawdled. I saw the bus I needed to catch to the train station pulling away as I left my apartment. Bah.

By the time I got to the starting point (and bought a cup of coffee ... I was dying for some coffee), the Walk had already stepped off ...

Here are some pictures I took along the route:

Wait for me! Wait for me!
Stepping Off Without Me

Walkers:
AIDS Walkers

More Walkers:
AIDS Walkers

Almost finished:
Almost Finished

A few more photos are here.

I was done in about 45 minutes, I guess? Maybe an hour? It was a great way to spend the morning.

When I got home, I decided to have an online random number generator assist me in awarding a few prizes for my supporters!

First, I had a random drawing with every donor's name entered one time.

The winner of that drawing was ... David! He'll get first choice, when I have enough pottery to give away.

Then, I had 2 weighted drawings, in which a person's name was entered for every $5 he/she donated. So, if you gave $25, your name was entered 5 times.

The winner of the 1st weighted drawing was ... Eric from Baltimore (who doesn't blog, so I'll have to send him an email or something, I guess). He will get second choice.

The winner of the 2nd weighted drawing is ... Jeff! He will get third choice.

Once again, thanks so much for your support!
*smooches*

7 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly6:45 PM

    YAYZ! and what a lovely day for the walk!

    glad I could help you reach your goal!

    now kick back and have a martini...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYZ all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful. :) YAYZ from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you. Hey ! Why didn't you call me? The posse and I totally would have walked.

    xoxo, SG

    ReplyDelete
  5. sad I didn'r win in the drawring, but glad I was able to participate anyway. If my dog wasn't a puker in the car, I would go downtown tomorrow and do the DFW walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you rock! A thousand dollars? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing all the way around. Bossy was out of town and just now sent her pledge money so don't send that check in without 'er!

    ReplyDelete