Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday, I met a former co-worker for lunch. Of course, I had completely forgotten about this plan until around 11:30, when I got a text message reading "Should I pick you up at your place around noon?" Great idea! Panic!

We went to Adega. I had the grilled tofu wrap and we shared the eggplant fries. Mmm. Mmm. I also had a glass of wine. There is something so decadent about having a drink in the middle of the day when one should be working. Then, we looked at shoes and books and I picked up some needed groceries.

I came home and took a nap. Naps are decadent, too. Really.

Around 6ish, I caught the bus to the subway to the subway to the bus to pottery class. It was a rather good session, I think. I glazed a vase, two small casseroles, one large casserole, and a bowl. I also trimmed and attached handles to two mugs. The instructor demonstrated "throwing off the hump" (which isn't nearly as dirty as it sounds). If I go to the studio this week (possibly on Friday), I am going to try that. I want to make some cute little glasses to accompany the jugs I've made.

And, that was my day. Fun times.

Today, I've already received a bit of good news (not on the job front). PAX World has fixed the mistake concerning my IRA. They opened it as a traditional IRA, when I had requested a ROTH. Now that's all been fixed. YayZ.

I have to do laundry and cleaning for the party on Saturday at some point today ... especially if I want to go to the studio on Friday.

More later! *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. So if you throw off the hump (possibly on Friday), you'll let us know what it means? I'm a sucker for jargon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they would serve wine during our meetings. It would really make them more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete