Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pottery Report

Good Morning, Kittens.

Yesterday seems like it was a bit of a bust. All I managed to do for the job hunt was to send a thank you email.

Pottery class wasn't much better. As I was moving a vase to a table to check to see if it had dried enough to trim, I tripped on a chair leg. I now have a fun little bruise on my hand and my round vase is oval. *sigh*

My large urn-like things were still not ready to trim, so instead I glazed 3 mugs and the final cannister from last session. I used mustard and Michigan brown. I am really liking that color combination. I hope they turn out well.

I still had some time so I threw a small casserole dish. I didn't have time to throw the lid though. I will work on that sometime this week.

Today I have some errands to run: bank, likker store, grocery store. I need to find some jobs to apply to. And I really need to start cleaning because ...

It's almost time for the Social Event of the Season: The 7th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party! Huzzah!

Have a great day! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! When is the party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your newly ovalized vase turns out to be something you like. I'm sometimes amazed at how a boo boo like that can become a blessing.

    Have a great day, VUBOQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I've been thinking....

    If you call us "kittens" what should we call you?? Lion King? King of the Jungle? Surely there is something catchy you can help me out with!

    Oh, and while you are at the likkor store, please get some vodka. I'm out. THX!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the mustard/Michigan brown combo. I *heart* Michigan brown. And that mustard sounds like it's somewhere in the yellow family which is always a happy thing.

    ReplyDelete