Except it's really still Thursday night, but I have realized that OMG! BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party is in less than 2 days! and GAH! Hostess Panic!
So I am writing this post now. And "scheduling" it to publish tomorrow morning!
Behold! The Wonders of Technology. It's an amazing thing. Soon, I'm pretty sure I won't even have to type. Blogger will just post things for me. Easy! Peasy!
Thursdays exciting events were ...
1. Writing DC AIDS Walk donor thank you email (did you get yours? Hope so!)
2. Searching for jobs (because, like, I have to apply to 2 jobs per week for my unemployment benefits, and how many have I applied for so far this week? Hm ... the answer you are searching for would be NONE!).
3. An exciting shopping trip to Trader Joe's and Target with the wonderful (and car-owning) Clio Bluestocking! in which we discussed the merits of the Entertainment Diet and solved the entire economic crisis in just a few hours. AND, can I ask how a store as HUGE as Target can be completely OUT of Candy Corns the WEEK before HALLOWEEN? It. Makes. No. Sense. It's like running out of Candy Canes the week before Xmas or something. *sheesh*
4. "Designing" the baby shower invitation for Tomokito, because Mike was unable to. Alas. I have discovered that my design skills are best left to the pottery studio. Still, I think the invitation is cute enough. OMG. And, don't even get me started on the baby shower invite etiquette of including where the expectant mother is registered (I can haz headache plz).
5. Running around the apartment making lists! Because why do actual preparation when one can pretend to prepare by making lists of such things like: (a) what needs to be cleaned and in what order, (b) items to be purchased at Whole Foods tomorrow, (c) likker to be boughten, (d) foods to be served and the appropriate serving dish to be used for each food, (e) guests who have yet to RSVP and what type of platter I should place their severed heads upon.
Srsly. What is up with people who can't RSVP? It's so easy: Yes, I will be there ~or~ No, I can't make it. Do these people not have parties? Do they not understand the complex calculations one must go through in order to determine what sort of food to buy? What is wrong with these people? I think they should all be killed ...
Or be forced to attend parties where there isn't enough food/drinks for ETERNITY! Hm. I like that idea.
And, my final rant,
6. Putting together
some frames I ordered from American Frame. Yep. I ordered two frame kits ... and 1.5 showed up. The second one was missing some very crucial elements (like the cut-to-order mounting board and the cut-to-order acryllic front). I have used American Frame in the past and have been very pleased. Unfortunately, the package arrived after normal business hours, so I will be calling first thing in the morning (Like NOW!).
Hopefully, this situation will be resolved easily and I will not have to unleash the Power of this Blog and the strength of my
minions readers reader on them. Because, if that's the case, American Frame will rue the day they messed up my order. RUE! Like, srsly.
OK. I think I'm done. Now it's time for a quick trip to the pottery studio and then errands errands errands!