Thursday, October 02, 2008

Over Halfway Home

Good Morning, Kittens!

Here's some happy news to start the day: I'm a little over halfway to my goal of $1000 for the DC AIDS Walk! After only one day of begging for cash!

I think raising the rest by Saturday is very do-able. If you'd like to contribute to the cause, click here. According to Sitemeter, about 80-100 people visit this blog every day. If everyone contributed just $5 today, I'd make my goal.

And, think of the bragging rights: I raised $1000 in less than 4 days. And I'd have you to thank! AND, you'll be entered into a drawing for some fabulous (yet-to-be-made) original VUBOQ pottery. So, go. Click! Give! Win!

Oh, Chelsea asked a good question about my goal: What happens if I don't raise the entire $1000?

Nothing. I know sometimes the individual is responsible for paying the remainder of the goal (for example, the AIDS Marathon Training Program has a minimum which *must* be raised). The AIDS Walk is not like that. Which is a good thing. However, don't let that stop you from throwing a couple of pennies my way!

Meanwhile, did everyone catch Project Runway last night? BOSSY, you can keep reading, no spoilers here.

There was some serious ass being thrown down the runway for sure. And lots of Kenley Anti-Love. Here's the question though: Why do the designers always turn out such crap for the last cut before Bryant Park? Are they too tired? Too stressed out? What is it? It makes no sense. I'm *really* looking forward to the reunion show now. hehehehehe. Teh drama fer sure.

This afternoon, I'm headed to the pottery studio. First, I'll meet SCGB for lunch. Then, I'll do some trimming and handle attaching. Not sure if I'll throw anything or not. And, I may not get home in time to do a Things That Make Me Happy post until this evening.

Have a great day! *smooches*

1 comment:

  1. If I get a reimbursement check for $300+ dollars shortly I can pitch in, otherwise I have less than $200 in the checking account to last me for the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete