Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Update: Aching Thighs Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

Happy Monday! and yet another fun work week begins! Woo. Hoo!

My weekend was packed full of fun and excitement. Ok. Not really. Friday, after working like a crazy person to apply to two jobs to satisfy the requirements for my unemployment benefits, I totally bailed on going to happy hour. Instead, I stayed home and watched the latest Indiana Jones movie with SCGB and his roommate. It was full of teh suck (except for Cate Blanchett. Love her!).

Saturday, I got up and, with the help of two neighbors, raked the yard. Ah. Autumn and the joys of raking a yard only to have it completely covered in leaves again the next day.

Then, SCGB and his roommate invited me to go on a bike ride. Little did I know that it was going to be a 20+ mile 4.5 hour Death March Cycle through the wilderness. The original plan was to ride a bit north, get on the (future) Capitol Crescent Trail, and cycle to Georgetown (via Bethesda). However, we had a bit of difficult on the CCT once the signage stopped. Um. Yeah. Not very helpful.


Somehow we found our way to Beach Drive and followed that and various bike paths through Rock Creek Park to Georgetown. Here we are around Porter St., NW:
SCGB
SCGB's Roommate
The Smile means I haven't realized yet that they were trying to kill me.
After a quick bite to eat. We remounted (*heh*) and cycled back to Silver Spring.

And, OMG, the way back? ALL UP HILL! I think my thighs exploded. Once home, I collapsed on the sofa and didn't move except to make a martini. And dinner. And to put a DVD in the player. Around 9, I went to bed. So. Very. Tired.

Sunday, I cleaned and organized. I put up a few Halloween decorations. Then, I made some chili and watched Ironman. I totally *luv*ed Ironman. Like. Robert Downey, Jr. Total. Hotness. Srsly. Mmmm. And Gwyneth Paltrow (Am I the only person who likes her?*) was pretty good too.

More later. *smooches*
*Srsly. Loved her in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Why did no one else like that movie?

7 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly9:31 AM

    SCGB and his roommate are totally H-O-T!

    gwyn was fabu in "shakespeare in love". her mother blythe danner (a fabu philadelphian) was in "1776". like mother, like daughter!

    have a good day, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyneth Paltrow - eh. I'm tepid about her. Haven't seen Shakespeare in Love, though I'd like to.
    Want to see the new Indiana Jones, even if you say it sucketh. Saw Ironman. Wowzer! Loved the movie, luuuuvved Mr. Downey, Jr.

    This is the first time I've seen SCGB. Cute, yes. Super cute? That would be the *pant*pant* roommate. I think I'm in lust. That he is straight only encourages me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta disagree on Indy. It wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst either, and you gotta give points to a guy who intentionally makes old man jokes on himself while still managing to kick ass and be hot.
    And Gwyneth? Meh. (Oooh, look, we all read the footnotes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow at all. Not even a little bit.

    I did like the style of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will hold my judgments on SCGB and SCGBGR until I touch, er, see them in person. Photos don't always tell the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vuboq, I LOVE Gwyneth. Love everything she does. Even if watching her movies makes me waste my good self esteem by spending the next three days wishing I was her.

    But she's worth it, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like. Robert Downey, Jr. Total. Hotness. Srsly. YES.

    ReplyDelete