First Things First
Some of you may remember me blogging about the SuperSecret Long-Awaited Knitting Project. Well, it has been received and a photo has been posted. Check it out!
Ms. Martini was runner-up in a little haiku contest I ran a while back (like maybe a year and a half ago?), so I promised I would knit her a scarf. We decided on a Harry Potter scarf. The only problem with that, which I failed to see at the time, is that the main color in the HP scarf was very similar to the color of the Never-Ending Sweater of Doom. So, I put the scarf aside until I finished the sweater. At least both projects are finished now, and I am, now, trying to figure out how to organize my Charity Knitting Project Idea. I will think on it tonight.
And, now, I guess you are eagerly awaiting my report from last night?
Well ... my Meat-Free Monday meal was delicious!
I made a caprese salad [tomato slices, topped with basil and mozzarella, and an olive oil and balsamic dressing] for the first course. Then, we had pasta tossed with homemade pesto. Many thanks to Shigeki-kun, who, using his wine expertise, suggested the perfect accompanyment, Piper Sonoma non-vintage Brut [of his many suggestions, it's the ONE that my local likker store had. And it was *YUM*].
**We interrupt this post for a Very Special Announcement. My boss just phoned with my "merit increase" - 4.3%!!! Suh-WEET!!!!
I wonder how much per paycheck that will amount to? I guess I can multiply my current pay by 4.3% to get a rough estimate?**
OK ... where was I?
Oh, last night, right ... It was very good seeing Y again. And, I must say missing sewing class (and, now, not taking sewing class) was well worth it. *rowr*
Lots of sex was had last night ... and this morning.
*contented sigh*
Updated to Note: Totally smokin' outfit today, Tomokito. Loved the shoes!
Ms. Martini was runner-up in a little haiku contest I ran a while back (like maybe a year and a half ago?), so I promised I would knit her a scarf. We decided on a Harry Potter scarf. The only problem with that, which I failed to see at the time, is that the main color in the HP scarf was very similar to the color of the Never-Ending Sweater of Doom. So, I put the scarf aside until I finished the sweater. At least both projects are finished now, and I am, now, trying to figure out how to organize my Charity Knitting Project Idea. I will think on it tonight.
And, now, I guess you are eagerly awaiting my report from last night?
Well ... my Meat-Free Monday meal was delicious!
I made a caprese salad [tomato slices, topped with basil and mozzarella, and an olive oil and balsamic dressing] for the first course. Then, we had pasta tossed with homemade pesto. Many thanks to Shigeki-kun, who, using his wine expertise, suggested the perfect accompanyment, Piper Sonoma non-vintage Brut [of his many suggestions, it's the ONE that my local likker store had. And it was *YUM*].
**We interrupt this post for a Very Special Announcement. My boss just phoned with my "merit increase" - 4.3%!!! Suh-WEET!!!!
I wonder how much per paycheck that will amount to? I guess I can multiply my current pay by 4.3% to get a rough estimate?**
OK ... where was I?
Oh, last night, right ... It was very good seeing Y again. And, I must say missing sewing class (and, now, not taking sewing class) was well worth it. *rowr*
Lots of sex was had last night ... and this morning.
*contented sigh*
Updated to Note: Totally smokin' outfit today, Tomokito. Loved the shoes!
That's a big scarf so aligned neatly :-) I wish I could do that. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThey didn't have Chateau St. Jean? Wow, that's new. But I am glad you were able to find the bargain sparkling wine :-) It's so much better than bad pricey champagne IMO. :-)
Tata.
I am glad that you are having fun.
ReplyDeleteCute scarf. Cute raise. Cute dinner. Cute contented sigh! ;-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scarf. Now I want to make one, but gosh that yarn looks small, how many rows is that?
ReplyDeleteThat scarf is made of win. And kittens.
ReplyDeleteY sounds Yummy! It sounds like you're in for a VERY good summer!
ReplyDelete