Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Update: Party Edition

Good (still) Morning, Kittens.

I'm having a totally lazy day after a fun-filled weekend. My Friday evening was rather uneventful. I was tired from tramping all over Georgetown, so I mixed a cocktail and watched DVDs.

Saturday, I did a little bit of housework and wrapped some Xmas presents. At four(ish), after having a glass of wine at Kristi's, my friend, Robert, picked me up to go the DC Cowboys' holiday party in Great Falls, VA. OMG. It was so much fun. The couple who hosted live in a GINORMOUS multi-million dollar home (with a covered, heated pool in the back). There were lots of cocktails and appetizers. Then, a covered dish dinner. Dessert. Fun. Food. Really nice guys (and a couple of cuties, to boot).

It turns out that one of my graduate school classmates is now a DC Cowboy. Go figure. We had one class together, but he didn't remember me. Of course, it was 8 years ago and I had long red hair then. And, it took me a few moments to realize who he was as well. But, here we are (didn't I look SuperCute?):

I was talking to this one guy for awhile. I thought he might have been a friend/bf of one of the Cowboys, but he was a friend of the hosts. After dinner, they had a little raffle, and the guy said he didn't get a number because it was only for the Cowboys and their guests. So, I said, "Oh. Do you want my number?"

And, he said, "Sure, but I didn't bring any of my cards to give out."

And, I was, all, like, eep!, play it smooth, because I meant raffle number, not phone number. Fortunately, I did have a couple of my cards in my wallet. So, I gave him one. BUT, he hasn't called or emailed. Jerk.

I got home around 10 (I think). Then, SCGB and the German came down for drinks and conversation. Somehow I ended up falling asleep on my sofa. I guess the bed was just too far away.

Sunday, I did lots and lots of blobbing around the house. Then, last night, Kristi, Heather, and I baked sugar cookies for the residents who helped with the leaf-raking this Fall. That was fun. The cookies were good. I had a total sugar hangover this morning though.

And, I guess that's it. No big plans today. Although, I do need to head to the grocery store at some point.

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. that party sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The sugar cookies are sooooooo delicious! Let's do some leaf raking again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember what Cher said in "Clueless," when boys say they'll call you, they don't mean tomorrow, they mean next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's very cute, V.

    ReplyDelete