Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Xmas

Good morning, Kittens!

Presents wrapped? Stockings hung by the chimney with care? Visions of sugar plums?

I have arrived safely in NC. Driving is (a) a bitch and (b) OMG super boring and (c) I don't know how BOSSY manages to take photos while driving, b/c I suck at it. You will see examples when I am able to upload photos.

A few things I learned whilst driving:

1. Apparently, in NC, the far left hand lane on an 8 lane highway is for people who drive exactly the speed limit.]
2. In NC, the roads are paved with diamonds. SuperSparkly! Srsly. I tried to take some pix. We'll see how they come out.
3. I hate driving. And drivers. And roads. And pretty much all things associated with cars, except "parking" (which I haven't done in ages).

Meanwhile, once safely in the G'boro, I lounged about my brother's apartment, and, then, went to meet several college friends for dinner at PF Changs. Yum. Pictures to come later, but my best friend from college, Isa, drove up from Durham. We had almost every class together (same major). Friends for 20 years. Crazy. Ginger drove over from Burlington. I don't think I've seen her since her wedding 15 years ago. And, Elisa, who friended me on Facebook, lives in Greensboro now. She transferred to another university after our sophomore year. It was so cool seeing all these lovely ladies again. The memories! The laughs! The good times!

After dinner (and picture viewing - Isa brought two of her college scrapbooks - OMG! So Young! So Cute!), Ginger and Isa left. Elisa and I headed over to Green Valley Grill, where we met my brother and some of his friends for drinks.

We got home fairly early (around 1130?). I opened my Xmas presents from Isa: a cookbook, a Whole Foods gift card (perfect!), and a bottle of plum wine from her trip to Okinawa (delicious! my brother and i had to taste it!).

Today, I have to get some work done. So, I'll be off to the Panera to partake of their free wireless after lunch. Have a great day!

Happy Xmas Eve!
(and, of course, to my Jewish friends, Happy ... um ... 4th Night(?) of Chanukkah!)
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Eve.
    If you see my nieces Mill and Kris wandering around Greensboro town, tell them Auntie Sunshine says Hello.

    I enjoy your blog every morning with my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly3:28 PM

    may VUBOQ gets what he desires for xmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I'm glad that you're having a good time in NC:-) So it wasn't awamori....well, umeshu is good, too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jewish friends thank you.

    ReplyDelete