Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Can Haz New Table

Good Morning, Kittens!

It's a busy day in Vutopia. At 8PM, thousands hundreds dozens a couple of people will descend upon Casa de VUBOQ for a New Year's Eve Party to end all New Year's Eve Parties. There will be champagne! There will be food! There will be GAMES! There will be PRIZES! AND, there will be Fabulous Parting Gifts (if VUBOQ can pull himself up off the sofa and go to the store)!

Before that happens, though, I have to ...

(a) clean,
(b) clean some more,
(c) do some cleaning,
(d) think about cleaning some other things, and
(e) do Mountains of Laundry.

Oh, and did I mention that I need to clean?

So, yesterday, I went to the Whole Foods (Gift Cards Rock!) to buy some party foods! Cheese! Olives! MOTHERFORKING (gotta keep it clean for the kiddies) SALSA!

Then, I made dinner. See:

Please note the New Dining Nook Table!
And, um, Hello, Chef's Little Helper!

I had intended to make a recipe I printed out awhile back off of Epicurious, Sweet Potato Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing.

However, I forgot to make a list of ingredients ... and shopping by memory? not a good idea. At least I remembered to buy a sweet potato and some limes. Unfortunately, the limes were so dry they made getting blood from a stone seem easy. I had to borrow a lemon from SCGB.

So, I improvised. (Sweet potatoes + black beans + red quinoa ) x (lime juice + lemon juice + olive oil + salt/pepper/chili powder/cumin + 2 dried chilies)/ fresh baby spinach = Not Half Bad. And Practically Good. Srsly.

Oh, and, like, since today is the Final Day of 2008, I was going to do some sort of New Year's Resolution Post. However, the only things I could think of were to be
Less Vicious,
Less Unrepentant,
Less Bitter,
Less Old, and
Less Queeny.
And, let's face it, LVLULBLOLQ doesn't have quite the same ring to it ...

and, really, all that would equal is Less Interesting Blogging.

And, OMG, if this blog were any Less Interesting, I think the Blog Police might show up and revoke my Blogging License.

I hear hangovers can be inspiring, so maybe I'll have some better resolutions tomorrow. At least, I'll have some better party pictures tomorrow.

*smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Any less would just not be VUBOQ.
    It would be less enjoyable.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, I PROMISE that I've got the most boring blog on the face of the planet. ;-) (http://lizski.blogspot.com/ - since you don't lurve me!) And no, you can't change, because I don't think that I can actually say "LVLULBLOLQ" in my head as I read :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly4:18 PM

    happy new year 2009 to the wonderfulness that is VUBOQ!

    lerve the new table; your parents have good taste! (heh heh heh, stools)

    my neighbor's NYE durnkfest is the muthaforkin' of all parties! cheese balls (heh heh heh), 2 kinds of crackers, and 100 sweet n spicy turkey meatballs will be my contribution the the feast!

    now if I can only stay awake til midnight....(crickets)

    PS - word is "phingest" - sounds like a party word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If hangovers were inspiring, you would have won the Pulitzer by now.

    Oh, snap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blogging tip: Drunkblogging is *always* a good idea : )

    Stay all VUBOQy as only you are capable of!

    Happy same shit differet day year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year VUBOQ! Your salad sounds terrific, how could it be bad with those ingredients? I had a black bean and sweet potato burrito once that was quite good. Love the new table. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that Dysphoria is the muse of hungover resolutions. I hope that she doesn't inspire you too grandly tomorrow.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You bitch, you! *grin. (I mean that with much love. And yes, it's true. I'm WAY more boring. I don't even have martinis. Single malt scotch, but since my parents read this, I don't go into great detail about how I scour the town for the best prices on Glenfiddich... So yeah, I'm super boring. But just because I'm boring doesn't mean that I'm going away! Happy new year!!!!!) *toasts you (and Isabella)*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, VUBOQ!

    ReplyDelete